I'm happy to announce that Python(x, y) 220.127.116.11 is available for immediate download. It has been over 6 months since the previous release. Hopefully the amount of changes and updates offsets the long wait.
As always this release can be downloaded from any of the mirrors.
- A dozen new plugins were added - mahotas, cffi, lxml, paramiko, Babel, PycURL and others.
- Eliminated most duplicate dependencies between packages - HDF5, zlib, bzip2, libpng, jpeg, tiff etc. These are part of their respective python wrappers or grouped under base_libraries.
- base_python plugin created to host numerous infrastructure, python3 compatibility and utility packages (six, decorator, curses, pep8 etc).
- Image manipulation was greatly improved with the addition of FreeImage python wrappers and replacing PIL with pillow.
- WindowsXP is no longer officially supported. HDF5 cannot be compiled to be thread safe on it.
Notable Plugin Changes:
- Sypder - updated to 2.2.0
- ETS updated to 4.3.0.
- VTK - updated to 5.10.1, Enabled: TextAnalysis, QVTK, WrapSIP, Oggrtheora,
- ITK - updated to v4.4.0, Enabled: VTKGlue.
- NetCDF4 - Enabled support for DAP and HDF4.
- lxml - libxml & libxslt rebuilt with iconv, ICU, zlib and LZMA.
- Numpy, Scipy and IPython updated.
The full change log can be viewed here.
Please post your comments and suggestions to the mailing list.